Wednesday, November 4, 2009

praying isaiah 1:11-18

“what makes you think i want all of your sacrifices?”

because I am the one doing something about all of this now. i am trying to fix my own mistakes. i am trying to help fix others. i am godlike in that i have sacrificed my time, my money, my goals... for you!

“i am sick of your burnt offerings”

but i burn them, i hurt when they burn. it is not like this is neglect. i have sacrificed a whole lot!

“when you come to worship me, who asked you to parade through my courts with all of your ceremony?”

i do it for you though! when i have the time to celebrate you, i celebrate you. when i have time to live for you, i do!

“stop bringing me your meaningless gifts; the incense of your offerings disgust me!”

how can you say they are meaningless?! its my life, i need them to mean something! why are you condemning ME!?

“I hate your... celebrations... they are a burden to me. I cannot stand them!”

but i love you in them. i love how i feel in them.

“When you lift up your hands in prayer i will not look.”

then i will beat my hands bloody until you listen

“Though you offer many prayers i will not listen”

jesus... why?

“for your hands are covered with the blood of innocent victims. Wash yourselves and be clean!”

where can i wash myself then?? in my church? in the lake? in my bed?
how?? what can i sacrifice? what can i do? should i pray ‘forgive me’ more? should i give more? should i work more? should i feel more? should i love more?

‘“Get your sins out of my sight. Give up your evil ways.”

... i feel i am god at times....

“Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of the orphans. Fight for the rights of widows.”

i will prove that i can love you! poverty will end in my lifetime!! ... i am sorry. go on. how can i do this?

“Come now, let’s settle this!,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, I will make them as white as wool.”

it is not about me and what i must do. it is about you and what you have done.... thank you, thank you, thank you....

No comments: