Monday, June 1, 2009

Feeling the Gospel -- Part 1

Do I feel the Gospel in my heart?? Or is this all merely an intellectual exercise?

Do I have Gospel lenses in which I see the world in such a way that I am constantly aware of my own depravity, the goodness of God despite my depravity, in the cross, and the grace afforded to me in a thousand different places stirring up in my heart towards biblical themes like gratitude, thankfulness, worship?

Slow down. Breath. With a renewed mind (Romans 12:2) you see God everywhere.

Proverbs 18:22 "He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord."

God gave me Dani - this very beautiful, gifted, smart, determined woman, who loves ME - despite who I am. She is an incredible gift.

As Saint Augustine looked towards the sea several centuries ago he wrote down, "If these are the pleasures afforded to sinful men, what does God have in store for those whose hearts are His?" Romans 1:20 says, "For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made."

Ithaca is beautiful. This is on my bike ride to and from work. Amazing.

1 comment:

kid p.t.a. said...

Those are some pretty pictures. God is great!